It’s a snoozy Sunday and I’m teaching in Sydney this weekend. So I thought it might be fun to break from tradition and throw a bit of a wild card of a post up for you today. I randomly found these these questions online, and I thought I’d answer them. For no other reason than my own amusement really.
Normal schedule will resume tomorrow, I promise, but for all you nosy parkers out there I hope you enjoy this brief interlude.
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4.
“older sister Holly and her albino boyfriend sneaking into her” (from Not That Kind Of Girl by Leah Dunham).
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, What can you touch?
3. Before you started this survey, what were you doing?
An interview for the Save the Date podcast. You can listen to it here!
4. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
The movie, Paul.
5. Without looking, guess what time it is
6. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
7. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
Ugh, our neighbours have been doing renovations on their house for about a year… so right now a REALLY loud drill in our adjoining wall.
8. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
Erm… the day before yesterday. I went to get my hair dyed.
9. Did you dream last night?
I can’t remember.
10. Do you remember your dreams?
11. When did you last laugh?
During my interview for the podcast!
12. Do you remember why / at what?
We were talking about terrible wedding traditions.
13. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
One wall has some yellow, floral wallpaper. It’s nicer that it sounds, I promise.
14. Seen anything weird lately?
Always. My inbox is full of weird and wonderful delights (and some not so wonderful).
15. What do you think of this quiz?
That asking the question “what do you think of this quiz?” is a lazy question, clearly put in the bump up the numbers, but overall it’s pretty enjoyable.
16. What is the last film you saw?
Paul, last night on TV.
17. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
18. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
A really awesome house.
19. Tell me something about you that most people don’t know.
I have a really big gap between my big toe and the next one. Gareth calls them my “gappy toes”.
20. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
I’d lower taxes!
21. Do you like to dance?
Only in private or when very drunk!
22. Would you ever consider living abroad?
23. Does your name make any interesting anagrams?
Tak, Akt… not really.
24. Who made the last incoming call on your phone?
One of those annoying recorded message sales calls about PPI.
25. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
Some photos from my camera.
26. Last time you swam in a pool?
In Palm Springs in February.
27. Type of music you like most?
Honestly? 80s power ballads!
28. Type of music you dislike most?
29. Are you listening to music right now?
No, but I should be, it might drown out the drilling.
30. What colour is your bedroom carpet?
Kinda a light grey/ beige-y colour.
31. If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would you do?
New bathroom… another bedroom… a garage for all our junk.
32. What was the last thing you bought?
Some make up.
33. Have you ever ridden on a motorbike?
34. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
I’d sky dive. For some reason bungee jumping seems more terrifying.
35. Do you have a garden?
36. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem?
37. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
“What have I got on today? Do I have to leave the house? Do I have to get dressed…?”
38. If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be?
39. Who sent the last text message you received?
40. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
Sephora… or John Lewis!
41. What time is bed time?
Ideally about 11ish, but my sleep patterns have been all fucked up recently, so its been more like 2 or 3am.
42. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant?
43. How many tattoos do you have?
If you could my sleeve as just one, then six.
44. If you don’t have any, have you ever thought of getting one?
45. What did you do for your last birthday?
I can’t actually remember… It was my thirtieth too so I really should… I’m sure it was something low key.
46. Do you carry a donor card?
No, but I should. If I die, you can take whatever you want though.
47. Who was the last person you ate dinner with?
When I wrote this, Gareth, but when this actually gets published, Gala and Shauna.
48. Is the glass half empty or half full?
49. What’s the farthest-away place you’ve been?
50. When’s the last time you ate a homegrown tomato?
Never. I hate tomatoes!
51. Have you ever won a trophy?
Do blog awards count? If so, then yes, a few.
52. Are you a good cook?
I’m actually pretty good, yeah.
53. Do you know how to pump your own gas?
54. If you could meet any one person (from history or currently alive), who would it be?
55. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to school?
Yep, all the way through.
56. Do you touch-type?
I don’t think so… I do type pretty fast though.
57. What’s under your bed?
Lots and lots of crap.
58. Do you believe in love at first sight?
I believe in lust at first sight which can quickly develop into love.
59. Think fast, what do you like right now?
60. Where were you on Valentine’s day?
Ermmm. At home. I think.
61. What time do you get up?
Between 8 and 9 usually.
62. What was the name of your first pet?
Hannah. She was a goldfish.
63. Who is the second to last person to call you?
64. Is there anything going on this weekend?
I’m teaching The Blogcademy in Sydney!
65. How are you feeling right now?
66. What do you think about the most?
Work (sad but true).
67. What time do you get up in the morning?
Didn’t we already have this question?
68. If you had a big win in the lottery, how long would you wait to tell people?
I’m terrible about keeping secrets so probably about three minutes.
69. Who would you tell first?
70. What is the last movie that you saw at the cinema?
I can’t even remember!
71. Do you sing in the shower?
72. Are you where you wanted to be at this stage in your life?
I had no idea where I’d be at 30 really, but being married and having a job I love is probably pretty bang on.
73. What do you do most when you are bored?
Browse the internet.
74. What do you do for a living?
Writer, blogger, magazine editor, teacher…
75. Do you love your job?
76. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I had no idea. I always wanted to do something creative though.
77. If you could have any job, what would you want to do/be?
I would do exactly what I do now!
78. Which came first the chicken or the egg?
The egg. Evolution innit.
79. How many keys on your key ring?
80. Where would you retire to?
81. What kind of car do you drive?
Honda Civic Type R.
82. What are your best physical features?
My hair is pretty awesome.
83. What are your best characteristics?
I work really bloody hard and I have a dirty sense of humour.
84. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would you go?
I’ve travelled SO MUCH over the past few years, but I’d love to go back to Tokyo, where we went on our honeymoon.
85. What kind of books do you like to read?
86. What makes a person a good travel companion?
Someone who doesn’t flap and get too stressed out with logistics.
89. What is your favourite time of the day?
The morning. Just after I get up.
90. Where did you grow up?
91. How far away from your birthplace do you live now?
About a mile!
92. What are you reading now?
Not That Kind of Girl by Leah Dunham.
93. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
94. Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
95. Can you close your eyes and raise your eyebrows?
96. Do you have pets?
Yes, two Maine Coons, Henry and Rachel!
97. How many rings before you answer the phone?
Depends how close to me it is.
98. What is your best childhood memory?
Family holidays. Spending time with my grandparents.
99. What are some of the different jobs that you have had in your life?
Shop assistant, barmaid, boring office jobs, production runner, assistant producer, producer, blogger, magazine editor…
100. What is most important in life?
Being happy, grateful and loved.
- Photography: Shell de Mar Photography