A Day of the Dead and a Hello Kitty themed wedding?! Could Serena & Brent’s wedding be more perfect for Rock n Roll Bride if it tried?!
The bad news is that I don’t have any further info on the wedding, but they photos were just too awesome to not share and I’m sure you can get some awesome DIY ideas just by looking at what they created. I am literally dying over the Hello Kitty in the bouquet and her Tarina Tarantino jewellery. Classic bridal style?! Screw that!
I am so flippin’ excited to share this wedding today. It’s like looking in a wedding mirror – if I’d known about all the fabulous alternative weddingy goodness that’s out there when we were getting married I reckon our wedding would certainly have shared many design elements with Karri & Ian’s big day.
The pair were married in the Botanical Gardens at the St. Regis Resort in Laguna Beach, California. Karri envisioned a dark and whimsical “winter in summer” wedding, inspired by the movie Edward Scissorhands. Karri & Ian told me all about their inspirational day.
♥ For those of you who don’t follow me on facebook or twitter, I was featured in Cosmopolitan Bride magazine this month! I didn’t know Miranda the lovely Editor was planning on mentioning me so I got way too over excited to see myself in there! To celebrate this quite frankly amazing issue - the best I’ve ever seen from them – and with the magazine’s consent, I’ll be scanning and sharing some of my favourite pages from the mag sometime over the weekend so that all of my lovely American readers can see what they’re missing out on! Thanks again to Miranda and her fabulous team!
Oooh what a set of tasty treats I have for you this week. As ever, I have been blown away with the joy that blog land and the internet has spread this week. First off an extra special mention to Naz of Oliver Rue who sent me a little delight in the post in the form of some ‘rockstar’ magnets and the most adorable handmade card which is now adoring my fridge. I can not express how happy this package made me. I was having a really stressful day and getting home to a parcel wrapped in leopard print really made my week!
I am so honoured and excited to have so many amazing friends who I’ve met through Rock n Roll Bride. I spend so much time online (<ahem> geek!) that I probably spend more time with them that I do my real life friends.
It would be impossible to say who my best online buddy is, but Erica Adams has got to come close. She has been so wonderful to me and even listened to me when I’m ranting about something or other or getting upset that my kitty is missing <sniff sniff>
Erica is primarily a photographer but in her spare time makes these gorgeous ‘pretties’ to adorn her and her friend’s tresses and oh yes she has made some for me (woohoo) and has even donated a pink Hello Kitty pretty as a fabulous competition prize!
To enter all you need to do is fill out this quick survey- it’s only 10 questions and should take you no time at all, I want to know a little but more about you, my glorious readers, as it’s been a while since my last reader survey. The contest is open to everyone, whether your a Bride to be, a newlywed, a photographer or just a wedding obsessive – you have one week so get entering!
ps even if you don’t want to win the prize (maybe you are a male photographer and you don’t think a Hello Kitty hair piece would suit you, I would be extremely grateful if you could take the time to full out the survey anyway, the results will really help me to make Rock n Roll Bride better! Just fill out the last question as ‘I don’t want the pretty hair pretty’ or something and I won’t enter you to win the prize
Thank you – much love.
· Prize includes one Hello Kitty pretty by Erica Adams.
· Closing date Wednesday, 17th June 2009.
· You can only enter once.
· Winners must be willing to be featured on rocknrollbride.com and may be required to become involved in future publicity. Photographs of the winner may be used in the press or on the site.
· If for any reason the advertised prize is unavailable, Rock n Roll Bride reserves the right at its absolute discretion to substitute a similar prize of equivalent or greater value. None of the prizes may be exchanged or transferred and no cash alternative will be offered
· Winner will be selected by Rock n Roll Bride. Judges decision is final
· By entering the draw, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete
· The winner will be contacted via their email address after the competition draw date. Rock n Roll Bride will not amend contact information provided. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact a winner. Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery may result in forfeiture of the prize. If they cannot be contacted, or are unable comply with these terms and conditions, Rock n Roll Bride reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant