You know those couples that you see and instantly think, “Damn, I’ll never be that cool”? Well that’s exactly what I first thought when I laid eyes on Dave and Swan’s beautiful Australian wedding. Their ceremony was at the stunning Newman College Chapel in Melbourne University, and their low key reception hosted at Encore St. Kilda, right on the beach.
Swan wore an INCREDIBLE two-piece wedding ‘dress’, a skirt and lace top combo made by an Italian seamstress. Her headpiece was by Veiled Beauty and her jewellery from Atelier of Love.
“Our wedding theme was ‘us’… with a hint of glitter!” began the bride. “I also (accidentally!) fell pregnant 9 weeks before the wedding…whoops!!! In true Rock n Roll style I had to have my dress altered to fit my new baby body the night before the wedding!”
“I am a dancer and my husband loves to get down and boogie with me so we thought it was important to have a kick ass band!” she explained when I asked them what they loved most about their wedding. “We organised a 7 piece band with brass and percussion so we could dance the night away…and that we did – they were fabulous!”
“The only thing I wish I’d done differently was be nicer to my poor mother in the run up!” Swan laughed. “She put up with me and I can’t thank her enough, She’s one in a million!!”
- Photography: I Got You Babe Photography
- Ceremony Venue: Newman College Chapel, Melbourne University
- Reception Venue: Encore St. Kilda
- Bride's Dress: Custom Made
- Bride's Headpiece: Veiled Beauty
- Bride's Jewellery: Atelier of Love
- Bride's Shoes: Betts
- Groom's Attire: Peter Jackson
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Thurley and Alannah Hill
- Band: The White Tree Band
- Cake : DIY