So I knew y’all were cute, but when Sophie and I decided to put a call out for my readers to apply to model for our new veil collection, we had NO IDEA just how cute. Seriously! We had nearly 100 applications and picking only two winners was an impossible feat. Literally. It was so impossible that we’ve actually decided to have three winners instead!!
Let me introduce the gorgeous babes who will become the faces of our new veil collection. I can’t wait to meet them!
“Hi! I’m Hannah. I am a very colourful Disney, bunny loving person. I change my hair colour monthly (it’s currently grey/ purple!) I am a support worker and the old ladies love it. In my spare time I knit and sew and take my bunnies out for a walk. I would love to be a model for the lovely Crown and Glory because I’m bubbly, curvy and happy I will chat to any one (too much sometimes!)”
“Obviously as a massive fan of you both, I was thrilled to see that you were looking for real brides to model the next Rock n Roll Bride X Crown and Glory collaboration. I love the idea of using gals from all walks of life, who wouldn’t usually try this whole modelling rodeo and all in all it sounds like a super exciting project. As is such I thought I’d throw my hat in to the proverbial ring and hope for the best.
Also – glittery crystal rainbow veils? I’m dead.
Anyway, please find my not entirely comprehensive, but hopefully entirely convincing list of reasons why you should pick me to be one of the faces for Rock n Roll Bride x Crown and Glory.
1. I have been told I have a face for hats. It’s a cross that I willingly bear and can, on good authority say I will rock the hell out of any millinery you care to place on my barnett.
2. Special skills include moderate vegan cookery, enthusiastic karaoke and cat wrangling.
3. I love working with other bad ass business women. It’s my favourite part of my job and a weekend, hanging out and shooting with a bunch of amazing super talented girlies sounds like my idea of heaven.
4. I am all about independent designers and it’s one of the reasons I set up with Betty & Bee. Accessible fashion PR for small independent brands is my jam and working with cool, ambitious women in and out of office is legit the best thing ever.
5. I have an array of goofy faces readily at my disposal.
6. Animals love me. Nothing to do with weddings but a testament to character none the less right?
7. Interests include feminism, glitter, comic books, netflix, dogs (any but with a special interest in dachshunds), cats, pop culture trivia, early naughties emo and magical girls.
8. I get married on Friday the 13th of November (day we met yo) and what better way to get hyped for the big day than a big old party hanging out in wedding dresses.
9. I am a hoot at sleepovers. Challenge my to a game of chubby bunnies. I dare you.
10. All I want to do is hang out in rainbow, crystal veils.”
“I’m wildly known and the ‘crazy Disney girl with the princess sleeve’. I’m a little bit obsessive with anything sparkly and princess related which probably isn’t good for a grown woman!
I have my own style and play by my own fashion rules. I love the confidence I get from wearing sassy outfits and making my own accessories. It’s such a powerful tool in helping show people what you’re all about and I just love that!
You should pick me because:
1. As a fellow creative mind I would love to be a part of the process and see what goes into a product launch shoot.
2. I have (minimal, but enough that I wouldn’t be completely petrified) modelling experience.
3. I am super fun (like seriously, I have flamingo fairy lights in my living room).
4. I look good in headwear.
5. I am totally ready to pour blood, sweat, tears (and glitter) into this so you’ll get the awesome images that you need.
6. I make a mean cup of tea and would also bring cake (only slight bribery).”
How adorable are these three!? This is going to be the best shoot (and sleep over) ever!
BUT WAIT, THAT’S NOT ALL (can you tell I used to work for an infomercial/ shopping channel?) Even increasing our number from two models to three wasn’t enough. There were so many adorable babes in my inbox that I convinced photographer Hannah and Sophie that we should have three runners up too!
These girls have each won a free portrait shoot with Camera Hannah and any item of their choice from the Crown and Glory website – WOOP WOOP!
Congratulations girls! Sophie and Hannah will be in touch with you all really soon to let you know how to claim your prizes.
Thank you to every single one of you that took the time to apply. I can not stress enough how hard it was to pick our winners and how much back and forth there was on our choices. You didn’t make our job easy, not one little bit.
Ahh I’m so excited for our shoot day now, roll on November!