This Contest is Now Closed
I ♥ New York. I’ve only been lucky enough to visit the city once before, but I have to say, after Tokyo, it is quite possibly my favourite city in the world (and seriously makes London look rubbish – sorry London.)
As if you New Yorkers weren’t lucky enough, your life is about to get ever just a teensy tiny bit better. Oh yes, I kid you not – I have such a ridiculously amazing contest for you that I wish I could fly the hell over there and win the damn thing myself!
Todd Ritondaro, who has worked on a range of films ranging from national commercials to small indie films, is now branching into the world of wedding film and wants to make a little film about love in the big apple and he needs subjects… That’s where you come in. He is giving away a free film shoot where you will play the lead. He will follow you and your beau documenting your story – where you met, where you hang out, where you fell in love…
I am going to make films exploring the nuances of couples relationships, and film them in the place where they met, the places that are important to them, their regular bars and restaurants, the objects and events they give meaning to, etc. I’m fascinated by these kinds of dynamics and intricacies in relationships.
I am approaching this idea the same way that I do when I shoot a narrative film, in that there would be a script of some kind, set locations, and a shot list. In some instances I would light them as well. Visually, I’m picturing something very cinematic and stylized. Not your usual wedding video. I feel like it’s hard to really get this in depth when shooting a couple on their wedding day. I think this approach is much more interesting and then allows the couple to use it on their website and screen it at their wedding.
So, how about it? To be eligible you must have met and fallen in love in New York City and should still live there now. The shoot will take a full day and will happen sometime in September.
To enter, drop me an email entitled ‘We fell in love in New York City’ and let me know, in no more that 250 words your New York story – how you met, how you fell in love and what New York means to you. Please include a recent photograph in your entry.
I will then choose my top 3 finalists and the readers of Rock n Roll Bride will get to vote for the winners.
What are you waiting for New York? – get on it!
Terms & Conditions
- Prize includes a pre shoot meeing, a full day shoot with Todd Ritondaro and a DVD and quicktime copy of the final film when it’s complete.
- Closing date for entries is Sunday 16th August 2009
- Top 3 finalists will be chosen by Rock n Roll Bride and will be on Rock n Roll Bride for voting for 1 week.
- Shoot will take place in New York. Winners must provide their own transport.
- Winner must be available for the shoot sometime in September 2009 (probably a weekend)
- Only 1 entry per couple
- Winners must be willing to be featured on rocknrollbride.com and toddritondaropictures.com and may be required to become involved in future publicity. The film/images of the winner may be used in the press
- Copyright of publicity will belong to Todd Ritondaro Pictures and Rock n Roll Bride
- If for any reason the advertised prize is unavailable, Rock n Roll Bride reserves the right at its absolute discretion to substitute a similar prize of equivalent or greater value. None of the prizes may be exchanged or transferred and no cash alternative will be offered
- Final winner will be selected by a public vote. The couple with the highest number of votes will be the overall winner.
- By entering the draw, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete
- The winner will be contacted via their email address on the competition draw date. Rock n Roll Bride will not amend contact information provided.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact a winner. Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery may result in forfeiture of the prize. If they cannot be contacted, or are unable comply with these terms and conditions, Rock n Roll Bride reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant