As soon as this wedding landed in my inbox, alongside a lovely message from Christine saying she’d shot this wedding with Rock n Roll Bride in mind…well I was sold. Not least due to some of the most amazing flowers I have ever seen! Seriously, these are some of the best diy florals I have ever seen. The were put together by the Bride’s aunt – she definatly needs to go into the flower business!
The dress was made by Igigi and the Bride’s hairpeice by Etsy seller Smitten.
Credit: Christine Tremoulet & Elaine Mesker-Garcia for Christine Tremoulet (smaller, vintagey, TTV images)
Where did you get engaged? I bet it was the most amazing experience of your life so far (unless you are married already in which case the wedding will have been right?!) Getting proposed to was the most romantic experience for me – sat by a river, over a disposable BBQ, a little bit drunk on relatively cheap wine…it didn’t matter though! He had planned it, he had bought me a ring and he asked me to marry him!
Jen was proposed to at the Golden Arches aka McDonald’s…and I bet for her she wouldn’t have changed it either! Plus, it had make for some pretty darn fabulous engagement shots, reenacting the proposal story (Jen actually said to me she will send me more soon but I am a very naughty little blogger and I couldn’t wait!)
PS and on a completely different note, I just made my first Etsy purchase..I am so excited and even more so because the seller has agreed to donate an item for a new Rock n Roll Bride contest sooooon (I’m keeping it under wraps for now..you will have to wait to find out who hehe – but I’m telling you, you will love this one!)
Credit: Heather Parker Photography
Ooooh I am excited and super pleased to be able to bring you another fabulous Rock n Roll Bride contest and the lovely Jennifer from Ribbons n Bows Boutique has kindly donated a fabulous black, white & pink felt, button bouquet as the prize….here it is, isn’t it awesome? In fact I kinda want it!
So what do you have to do to enter I hear you cry? Well it’s simple…I’m after a new slogan for the site. I’m getting a little bored of ‘Wedding Inspiration..In a Rock n Roll Way’ and I’m lacking inspiration myself. The only constraint is that I still want the phrase ‘Rock n Roll’ to be in there somewhere. So hit me with it! Put your entry in the comment section of this post and my favourite will not only win the bouquet, but will become the creator of my slogan to be used on all Rock n Roll Bride stuff…fab huh?
This contest is now closed
Terms & Conditions
· Prize includes a handmade felt & button bouquet by Ribbons n Bows Boutique in black, white & pink.
· Closing date Thursday, April 23rd 2009.
· You can enter as many times as you wish (with different slogan ideas obviously)
· Winners must be willing to be featured on rocknrollbride.com and may be required to become involved in future publicity. Photographs of the winner may be used in the press or on the site.
· By entering the contest entrants agree to release all claims of ownership/copyright over their entry
· If for any reason the advertised prize is unavailable, Rock n Roll Bride reserves the right at its absolute discretion to substitute a similar prize of equivalent or greater value. None of the prizes may be exchanged or transferred and no cash alternative will be offered
· Winner will be selected by Rock n Roll Bride. Judges decision is final
· By entering the draw, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete
· The winner will be contacted via their email address after the competition draw date. Rock n Roll Bride will not amend contact information provided. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact a winner. Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery may result in forfeiture of the prize. If they cannot be contacted, or are unable comply with these terms and conditions, Rock n Roll Bride reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant
Did I post about this wedding before? I post so much (ahem loser!) that sometimes I loose track. But what the hell, a wedding as cool as this one deserves to be posted twice. The Groom, Mario is an actual magician and his Bride, Kathryn is his assistant so would you expect anything else but a ‘magical’ wedding? (I actually hate myself for writing that sentance…)
You may have noticed I’ve featured rather a lot of photographs of the Bride, but omg how could I not? Just look at this stunning girl! What an amazing sense of style she has. Her fantastic headpiece was made by Etsy seller Boring Sidney.
Unfortunately it’s impossible for me to feature every single amazing photograph from this wedding so I urge you to clicky here for many maaany more
Credit: Daria Bishop
I love this sweet, personal wedding. Katie emailed me saying she didn’t think her wedding was ‘offbeat enough’ but I wholly disagree! Certainly being a Rock ‘n Roll Bride is not about trying to make your wedding as ‘cool’ as possible, it’s about doing it your way – doing what you love…and they certainly did! All these gorgeous details are what make this wedding so gorgeous.
Katie writes: “We got married on a farm in Berkshire County, Massachusetts, USA on August 23rd.Our photographer was Ken Stabile. My favorite photos took of us where down the road at beautiful Ashintully Gardens. He used infrared film, holga & diana cameras as well as digital.
Katy and Drew got married on the 16th of August this year in a Philidephia art gallery. They we also married in a local park by one of their friends.
Katy used Etsy to source many items at cost effective prices including these gorgous bridesmaid headpieces. (sorry I don’t know the actual seller boo)