When Sophie of Crown and Glory reached out to me three years ago to ask if I’d like to do a headpiece collaboration with her, I didn’t hesitate in saying “Hell yes!” I’d only ever met her in person once, very briefly, but I knew it would be the perfect fit. Since then we have gone on to collaborate on 30+ pieces together, over three collections.
Last summer we started discussing what our next range might entail and I suggested we do something completely different; veils. I know a lot of my readers buy our headpieces to wear on their wedding days, so it felt like an obvious evolution.
This capsule collection is made up of six pieces can all be customised to suit your own, distinctive style. The glitter bows come in 30 colour options, the Liberace heart encrusted gem veil can be created in any colour, and the Circle Slogan Veil was designed specifically to allow you to stamp their own word or phrase on it! These pieces are designed to be as individual as the brides that will wear them.
I’ve been teasing you relentlessly for months, but on Monday morning at 8am GMT we are finally launching the veil collection that I’ve designed with Crown and Glory!!
Stand by for glitter, gems, and rainbow poms… in other words veils like you have never seen before. I promise it will have been worth the wait!
Attention! Attention! My babe Crown and Glory is doing a site wide Black Friday/ Cyber Monday discount weekend which includes all of the Rock n Roll Bride for Crown and Glory headpieces! Simply enter the discount code CANDYCANE at the checkout to get a whopping 20% off your order.
You could get this bride-to-be headband for your hen do for just £16…
Or the adorable Rachel bobby pins for a tiny £6.40!!
The matching headband will set you back just £12 this weekend only.
The best-selling Liberace heart clips are only £12 a pop…
And the matching headbands are just £16.
So I knew y’all were cute, but when Sophie and I decided to put a call out for my readers to apply to model for our new veil collection, we had NO IDEA just how cute. Seriously! We had nearly 100 applications and picking only two winners was an impossible feat. Literally. It was so impossible that we’ve actually decided to have three winners instead!!
Let me introduce the gorgeous babes who will become the faces of our new veil collection. I can’t wait to meet them!
“Hi! I’m Hannah. I am a very colourful Disney, bunny loving person. I change my hair colour monthly (it’s currently grey/ purple!) I am a support worker and the old ladies love it. In my spare time I knit and sew and take my bunnies out for a walk. I would love to be a model for the lovely Crown and Glory because I’m bubbly, curvy and happy I will chat to any one (too much sometimes!)”
“Obviously as a massive fan of you both, I was thrilled to see that you were looking for real brides to model the next Rock n Roll Bride X Crown and Glory collaboration. I love the idea of using gals from all walks of life, who wouldn’t usually try this whole modelling rodeo and all in all it sounds like a super exciting project. As is such I thought I’d throw my hat in to the proverbial ring and hope for the best.
Also – glittery crystal rainbow veils? I’m dead.
Anyway, please find my not entirely comprehensive, but hopefully entirely convincing list of reasons why you should pick me to be one of the faces for Rock n Roll Bride x Crown and Glory.
1. I have been told I have a face for hats. It’s a cross that I willingly bear and can, on good authority say I will rock the hell out of any millinery you care to place on my barnett.
2. Special skills include moderate vegan cookery, enthusiastic karaoke and cat wrangling.
3. I love working with other bad ass business women. It’s my favourite part of my job and a weekend, hanging out and shooting with a bunch of amazing super talented girlies sounds like my idea of heaven.
4. I am all about independent designers and it’s one of the reasons I set up with Betty & Bee. Accessible fashion PR for small independent brands is my jam and working with cool, ambitious women in and out of office is legit the best thing ever.
5. I have an array of goofy faces readily at my disposal.
6. Animals love me. Nothing to do with weddings but a testament to character none the less right?
7. Interests include feminism, glitter, comic books, netflix, dogs (any but with a special interest in dachshunds), cats, pop culture trivia, early naughties emo and magical girls.
8. I get married on Friday the 13th of November (day we met yo) and what better way to get hyped for the big day than a big old party hanging out in wedding dresses.
9. I am a hoot at sleepovers. Challenge my to a game of chubby bunnies. I dare you.
10. All I want to do is hang out in rainbow, crystal veils.”
“I’m wildly known and the ‘crazy Disney girl with the princess sleeve’. I’m a little bit obsessive with anything sparkly and princess related which probably isn’t good for a grown woman!
I have my own style and play by my own fashion rules. I love the confidence I get from wearing sassy outfits and making my own accessories. It’s such a powerful tool in helping show people what you’re all about and I just love that!
You should pick me because:
1. As a fellow creative mind I would love to be a part of the process and see what goes into a product launch shoot.
2. I have (minimal, but enough that I wouldn’t be completely petrified) modelling experience.
3. I am super fun (like seriously, I have flamingo fairy lights in my living room).
4. I look good in headwear.
5. I am totally ready to pour blood, sweat, tears (and glitter) into this so you’ll get the awesome images that you need.
6. I make a mean cup of tea and would also bring cake (only slight bribery).”
Over the past few weeks Sophie and I have been beavering away behind the scenes coming up with new ideas and designs for our next collaboration (you can see our past ones here and here!) We quickly realised that while we’ve now pretty much got the colourful bridal headpiece market covered, there is still something very much missing in weddingland: Quirky yet affordable veils.
Sophie has been sketching and scheming away (with me helpfully saying things like “More rainbow gems!” “Can we do ombre!?” and “The sparklier the better!”) and the designs we’ve come up with are fun, colourful but totally wedding day appropriate. Tacky and cheap hen do headwear this is not!
Our next task is to organise the promotional shoot for the new products. “Hey, crazy idea”, I said to Soph over cocktails one night, “how about if we hosted a contest to find real brides to be our models?”
Yes, that’s right, we are looking for two gorgeous babes to be the face of this new collection! But this isn’t just going to be a day of work, we’ve put together what we hope will be an awesomely fun experience for our winners.
Our real bride models will get:
♥ To be a model for the new Rock n Roll Bride for Crown and Glory veil collection.
♥ To be photographed by the incredible Camera Hannah. You will also receive digital copies of your images afterwards.
♥ To have their hair and make up done by the amazing Elbie Van Eeden.
♥ To wear pretty designer wedding dresses and Irregular Choice shoes all day!
♥ To have dinner with the whole team afterwards courtesy of our stunning shoot location, Mamhead Estate.
♥ One night’s accommodation (inc breakfast) at Mamhead Estate. We’re all going to stay over, it’s going to be like the best sleepover ever!
♥ A bundle of Crown and Glory goodies for you to take away.
Now what could be more fun than THAT!?
Now just to be clear, we are not looking for professional models here. If you have modelling experience by all means put that on your application but what we really want is two gorgeous real beauties (curves and all!) to represent us.
The shoot will be taking place on November 9th at the stunning Mamhead Estate in Exeter. We can cover up to £100 travel costs for each winner and everything throughout the shoot (food, post-shoot cocktails, giggles!) will also be included.