Wow…the photographs by the fabulous Kelty of Steep Street Photography for Hannah & Alex’s stag/hen/bachelor/ette parties are so ridiculously rock n roll (you may have seen this couple’s engagement shoot elsewhere – I heart it). Acrylic paint + simple white dress + dancing = a hell lotta rock and a hell lotta roll. Jeez is their wedding going to be the coolest or what?!
Thanks Kelty – these are beyond amazingly cool.
Credit: Steep Street
Sometimes things come way out in left field and hit you smack in the eye when you least expect it. I can’t believe I’ve never seen a couple posing in a bright red bath before..why the devil not? It’s an amazing idea! I am also loving the peacock cake, the rockabilly-esque suits and the awesome flowers. For my full post and more images of this kick ass wedding, head over to One Wed.
ps you seriously need to go and enter the Tinywater contest…it is open to all, whether you’re dating, engaged or married so get on it!
Credit: Gigglesnap Weddings
This contest is now closed
I get very excited about running contests on the site, especially ones as fantastic as this one. In response you many of your suggestions to wanting more competitions I trust you will be satisfied with this one!
One of my absolute favourite photographers, Tinywater, have offered Rock n Roll Bride readers a free, yes free photo shoot!
Tinywater Photography are husband and wife team Caroline & Daniel who hail from Sacramento, California. They specialise in fabulously original, cutting edge, modern photography that never ceases to take my breath away. Not one of their photo shoots have ever bored me and no two are ever the same. If you haven’t checked their work out before you are most definitely missing out!
To enter, drop me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject – Rock n Roll Bride/Tinywater Contest, including a recent photograph of you and your partner and let me know, in no more than 250 words, a brief overview of what makes you and you guys particularly rock n roll?!
Think outside the box with this one – are you totally crazy about crafting? Do you love scuba diving together? Do you spend all your evenings watching old movies on the sofa? I want to know what makes you a fabulously unique couple who needs fabulous photographs to share with the world!
I will then choose my top 3 finalists and the readers of Rock n Roll Bride will get to vote for the winners.
In fact the only problem I have with this contest is the immense jealousy I now feel at being in the UK and unable to enter myself – I am dying to have them take photographs of me…you lucky things!
Credit: Tinywater Photography
Terms & Conditions
- Prize includes a 3 hour, 2 photographer photo shoot by Tinywater Photography + 15 high-res JPEG images
- Closing date for entries is 6th July 2009
- Top 3 finalists will be chosen by Rock n Roll Bride and will be on Rock n Roll Bride for voting for 1 week.
- Shoot will take place in the San Francisco Bay or Sacramento area of California. Winners must provide their own transport.
- Winner must be available for the shoot in place August or September 2009
- Only 1 entry per couple
- Winners must be willing to be featured on rocknrollbride.com and tinywater.com and may be required to become involved in future publicity. The photographs of the winner may be used in the press
- Copyright of publicity will belong to Tinywater Photography and Rock n Roll Bride
- If for any reason the advertised prize is unavailable, Rock n Roll Bride reserves the right at its absolute discretion to substitute a similar prize of equivalent or greater value. None of the prizes may be exchanged or transferred and no cash alternative will be offered
- Final winner will be selected by a public vote. The couple with the highest number of votes will be the overall winner.
- By entering the draw, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete
- The winner will be contacted via their email address on the competition draw date. Rock n Roll Bride will not amend contact information provided. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact a winner. Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery may result in forfeiture of the prize. If they cannot be contacted, or are unable comply with these terms and conditions, Rock n Roll Bride reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant
I am jealous, elated and over-excited all at the same time after discovering Piksi’s flickr stream. Have you ever seen a girl with such an amazingly polished style? The 60’s vibe is perfect for her cute pixie look, I would go crazy if I was to find a wedding in the same style. Imagine Bridesmaids in some outfits like these…<<squeal!>>
Some of my fashion highlights of her gorgeous clothes (that I want to steal) include – her adorable heart bag from Minna Parikka, the cream, ruffle-topped dress byIVANAhelsinki and the swing, pleated grey coat from H&M…man, my wardrobe is so dull!
Credit: Piksi’s flickr
Happy Sunday and a very Happy Father’s day to you all. Posting will be slim today as I am cooking up the most amazing contest which I will launch tomorrow…believe me, it’s worth checking back!
The light, bright and fresh colour palate of this gorgeous wedding has been perfectly mimicked by Benj Haisch’s gorgeous photography. The whole effect is a chilled out, cool and calm one and they seem to have had an absolute blast!
Thanks to Benj Haisch for this submission – photographers, if you too fancy seeing your work on Rock n Roll Bride, drop me a little email why don’t ya?
Credit: Benj Haisch
Jess & Mike were really excited about having a really low-key party where their friends from all over and families could all be together and that’s exactly what they delivered.
The wedding took place at the Valley Green Inn up in Fairmount Park in Philadelphia, starting off with a quick outdoor ceremony officiated by Jess’ uncle. The couple chose not to have rings and opted for a very simplistic approach to their flowers, using little bundles of wild flowers for the bouquets.
Jess made her own gorgeous red dress out of a vintage evening gown and also made all the decorations inside the restaurant which included tin can lanterns, string lights and a garland hung from the ceiling. Jess and Mike weren’t too concerned with lots of family group shots, but more with photos of everyone hanging out and having a good time. Colin Leaman came along to assist the main photographer Amanda and set up a little photo booth area for which Jess brought along tons of hats and wigs and other props for her guests to use in the funny photos.
As an added touch, the couple requested friends and family write down three songs that they would love to hear at the wedding on their invitation replies so that everybody got to hear something they liked at the reception.
What a gorgeous day, it is an honour to share it with you. Thanks so much to Amanda of Love Me Do Photography for sharing these with me.